POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fractal screen : Re: Fractal screen Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:37:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fractal screen
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 9 Aug 2015 14:40:00
Message: <web.55c79e12771bab4db426f96a0@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:
> "Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > I was thinking about another version that adds a water tank/ripples effect to
> > the solution... is that what you mean? It would be interesting to see how the
> > solid layer builds faster in areas of the solution where it's concentrated due
> > to CI. Hm...
>
> mostly, I was thinking that the end result would look less like a voronoi
> diagram.

It could be done, of course. Not yet sure how I'd go about it though...

> to have it really look like frost, it would have to grow in spikes that get
> wider as they get longer.  I have no idea how you'd do that...

Either reduce the amount of solution consumed, increase the growth rate, or do
both.

And for water crystals, it helps if the system uses a neighborhood that tests
cells six directions from center:

..oo
ooo
oo.

The result has a six-fold symmetry but ends up skewed, so to look good the final
image would need to be transformed.