POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Any game engine out there that does blobs? : Re: Any game engine out there that does blobs? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:47:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any game engine out there that does blobs?
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 20 Jul 2015 18:40:01
Message: <web.55ad780684d05b24b426f96a0@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> >> https://www.shadertoy.com/view/ld2GRz
> >>
> > I just love it when shadertoy crashes my computer :(
>
> Was it your video driver that crashed?

Yeah, probably.

> That happened to mine (black
> screen for a second before desktop coming back with the "Windows has
> recovered from video card driver fault" or whatever message. I then
> updated the drivers and it's never crashed like that since.

Always fun. That used to mess up my color settings every time it happened
(before I realized my GPU/driver wanted me to actually use the GLSL functions I
had written and left sitting around in the code).

I was able to update the driver today (wasn't sure I could, since it was
impossible before a recent major OS update). No crash when I tried the link this
time! But there was nothing to see once I got there, either. Of course, this
isn't the best GPU in the world, so it's not surprising :/