POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Computer woes : Re: Computer woes Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:10:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer woes
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 15 Jul 2015 03:55:09
Message: <web.55a61136edf66be6bd92286f0@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:
> scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> > > What sucks is that, by the time I get a refund, I'll have spent almost 33% more
> > > on shipping back damaged products.
> >
> > Surely the seller pays the return postage if the item was faulty? In the
> > UK at least they must by law.
>
> There is no such assurance in the US that I am aware of, besides good Business
> Practices.  I found the seller through Amazon, but their guidelines for sellers
> don't really go into that except providing labels for international returns.
>
> > Have you tried ebay?
>
> I do not have an ebay account.  I've considered going through NewEgg, but from
> reading the reviews, even the positive ones are only positive because of
> customer service. It appears that most people will give a five star rating
> whether they actually get a functional product or not, so long as customer
> service is good.
>
> Regards,
> A.D.B.

Anybody have experience with Parts-People.com?

I don't normally like doing business outside of a few, carefully selected
websites (e.g. Amazon and NewEgg) but most of the reviews I've found for the
sellers on the usual sites are just talking about how "good" their customer
service is.

For the record: It's not that good. About all they've got going for them is that
they are polite and, so far, honest.

if it were a clothing store, that might be enough, but they're selling computer
parts, and I expect them to understand a bit more about computers than "It's a
US keyboard because there's a dollar-sign over the 4 key" (which, according to
google actually means very little, if anything)

Regards,
A.D.B.