POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physically based rendering : Re: Physically based rendering Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physically based rendering
From: And
Date: 25 Jun 2015 14:05:00
Message: <web.558c418e18c52d498107bb350@news.povray.org>

> We are living in troubled times. No respect for the simplest rules of
> render behaviour. I shall see yet in my old age the heresy of chequered
> spheres on reflecting planes I am afraid.
>
> That said, and in keeping with off off-topic, I have trouble with an
> emission sphere replacing a Sun light_source in a scene. Whatever the
> emission value, the scene remains fairly dark and no shadows seem to be
> cast. Using UberPOV. What about this, Christoph?
>
> --
> Thomas

Just like the opinion clipka have answered you the other day, an emission sphere
in the sky is too small to render. I always use the parallel light to
simulate the sun light and it is very convenient. If you would like to place a
white look-like object, the sun's color should like this: rgb<1,1,1>*10000.
Is a very large quantity.