POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : "Fade away" overlay for existing objects : Re: "Fade away" overlay for existing objects Server Time
3 May 2024 03:30:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Fade away" overlay for existing objects
From: severedo
Date: 23 Jun 2015 16:15:00
Message: <web.5589be2c7840cf75f3d9f53f0@news.povray.org>
In the meantime i stumbled upon the fog feature. It does exactly what I want
except that I can only define a plane but not really another geometry:

 fog{ fog_type 2
      distance  3
      color     White
      fog_offset -5.5
      fog_alt    2.0
      turbulence 1.8
      up <-0.5,1,0>
    }

This would be great if I could somehow define a center point where the fog
then starts expanding like a sphere, obscuring everything.