POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : "Fade away" overlay for existing objects : "Fade away" overlay for existing objects Server Time
2 May 2024 23:59:41 EDT (-0400)
  "Fade away" overlay for existing objects
From: severedo
Date: 23 Jun 2015 14:45:00
Message: <web.5589a875d9d19c39f3d9f53f0@news.povray.org>
I have a finished scene made out of different objects.
Now I want to focus on the middle of this scene, for this I would like to have a
particular area (such as a simple circle) sharp and unperturbed and with
increasing radius I want the rest of the scene to gently fade away into the
blank white background. The fading should look like this just in a circular
manner
starting from the center of the image:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/portier/3969225787

I tried to put a torus around the part of the scene that I want to focus on
and make it transparent or White but it does not
really work and the "White" of the torus is also not really mixing with the
white
background, this is probably due to some shadow effects. I'm sure there must be
a simple solution for this... Thanks for your help!