POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aliens are coming! : Re: Aliens are coming! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aliens are coming!
From: MichaelJF
Date: 6 Mar 2015 15:05:00
Message: <web.54fa07483201126c98d8b0950@news.povray.org>
> Aliens are reported on a daily basis, in particular on YouTube. However,
> and invariably, they are shaky, blurred, indistinct things. Only the
> POV-Ray telescope is able to show alien ships in all their pristine
> splendour coming to us from deep space.
> --
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

that is a very good start indeed, but I see some options for improvements.
First, the structure looks great, but too many areas are lost in the shadows.
This seems to be a general problem with space scenes, since one has only one
light source (star) close by. May be a binary star can solve this. The orbiter
can still have a different color in this case. The second issue is the engine
glow. IMO it should have more turbulence at the edges. Otherwise really great.

Best regards,
Michael