POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A monologue involving binary log : Re: A monologue involving binary log Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A monologue involving binary log
From: nemesis
Date: 15 Feb 2015 09:45:00
Message: <web.54e0b0399f13a20899c37d0d0@news.povray.org>
> I haven't met them. Everybody I've met regards having technical
> knowledge as only something "nerds" and "losers" have - including the
> people I work with, who are all professional computer programmers. They
> all know how to write C#, yet they seem to think that understanding
> relational algebra or knowing how floating-point arithmetic works is
> only for lamers.

they are useful idiots

> My Dad tells me [so I don't know how true this is] that Bach was a
> virtuoso organ player, but a HORRIBLE teacher. He just couldn't
> understand why nobody else could play like him...

Bach (and many other bright composers from the highly specialized and complex
instrumental music of that era) was much like as autistic as we are.  Hence, his
many bouts of fury against his patrons, arrests, etc.  He simply didn't know how
to harmoniously deal with other human beings as he did with an organ.  He did
teach his children pretty well though.  His oldest 2 sons were as capable as
himself as performer and just had a different composing style because times had
changed...