POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : if version patch present condition : Re: if version patch present condition Server Time
2 May 2024 19:55:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: if version patch present condition
From: Mr
Date: 1 Feb 2015 17:00:01
Message: <web.54cea08eefd948833e8d38b40@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> > > Not yet, but I'm currently building UberPOV v1.37.1.0-beta.9, which will
> > > auto-define a variable for this purpose, allowing you to use the
> > > following procedure for feature detection:
> >
> > There. Dunnit:
> >
> > https://github.com/UberPOV/UberPOV/releases/tag/v1.37.1.0-beta.9
>
> Just tested and it works like a charm, that's exactly what I meant. Thank You!

However, what I have so far in the exporter is that it tests for the string
"uber" in the name of the engine found and if so, activates the plain writing of
the feature and this keeps a cleaner readable pov scene file with less
conditions. at the price of some more complex Python, so now I'm hesitating to
implement this procedure instead, what do you think? probably this is more
reliable and futureproof?