POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : UV texture scale center : UV texture scale center Server Time
1 May 2024 04:48:59 EDT (-0400)
  UV texture scale center
From: Mr
Date: 22 Jan 2015 09:10:00
Message: <web.54c103967eea5e3a6ee70590@news.povray.org>
Hello, I am meeting a problem with the scale keyword used for texture, it seems
that the POV scale factor and repetition factor in Blender do not use the same
center. I would guess that Blender seems to scale the texture from the zero of
the UV space, like in this picture, it is scaled by half (repeat factor of 2)
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=82692
while POV maybe from the 1, I don't know can someone tell me?
it's result, with a scale of 0.5 is this:
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=82693

My goal is to have both pictures always the same whatever the blender interface
parameters for texture scale are.
I don't know if this has always been the case, it seems that some images
rendered
with early 3.7 betas did not behave this way and were more consistent with
Blender renders, but I may be wrong.