POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Political Discussions in this Newsgroup : Re: Political Discussions in this Newsgroup Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:33:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Political Discussions in this Newsgroup
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Oct 2014 10:30:01
Message: <web.543d32becb1290e15e7df57c0@news.povray.org>

> Absolutely. However, how to increase diversity?
.....   People have to come by themselves...

> Thomas

"Invite" them.

Post images and/or links on other boards - "raytraced with POV-Ray
(www.povray.org)".

Art - painting, wordles, abstract shapes and blobs and textures, it's endless...

Architecture,

Home furnishings - especially with the popularity of home improvement shows -
(Love it or List it, Property Brothers, Flip Flop, House Hunters....) POV-Ray
has wood, granite, marble, tiling, landscaping plants, animation, etc.

Anatomy and Biology

Math - this is a natural, considering the nature of computer graphics, SDL,
Friederich Lohmueller's site, Mike Williams' Isosurfaces, many others, and the
fact that not one but TWO 2-hour movies (Chaos and Dimensions) exist

Computers graphics

Programming - write a solution - but, "gosh, I only know how to do that in
SDL..."  "I have a file to do that, but it's a .pov, .mcr, .inc ...."

Optics

Lasers

Finite Element Analysis

Civil Engineering - I've seen several people working on city-building macros

Science Fiction

Find some niche or "movement" or fad, and post interest-related images that
would be hard to create otherwise.   "Wow!  How'd you _DO_ that??!!"  "POV-Ray."

Astronomy

Meteorology

Geological surveying

Fluid dynamics

Mechanical engineering
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE04CTpCIdQ
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3QbgwgxSO0

Geography - http://earthview.sourceforge.net/    and lots of other globe-mapping
utilities...

Education

Web Design

Woodworking

Electronics - Eagle 3D, etc     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjoLYp_uLSs

Physics

Lighting

Photography

Entertainment

Origami

Chemistry

Fireworks display simulations

Ebay - Buy It Now!  For only $0.00  Click here to download...   :)

YouTube - "Here's how easy it is to do x, y, or z..."

Facebook

Email - put some sort of mention of POV-Ray in your signature file

And there are probably 500 things I haven't thought of.
(Sorry - only on my 1st cup of coffee...)