POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Making functions for natural cubic splines : Re: Making functions for natural cubic splines Server Time
27 Apr 2024 17:28:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making functions for natural cubic splines
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 12 Oct 2014 19:55:01
Message: <web.543b14405b2bbe7b7b9c043a0@news.povray.org>
> "Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
>
> > Yes, that's right.
>
> > Maybe I can help with implementing these splines in BASIC, if you like.
>
> I'm sure that if you either commented on your code with explanations, or laid
> out the logic in pseudocode or flowchart, then translating that to syntactically
> correct BASIC wouldn't be too gruesome.

After looking at the JustBasic language, it seems to be a very "poor" language,
with regards arrays, functions, parameter passing, documentation etc. (But it
seems to work with Wine in Linux =)

Therefore I have attached a file with POV-Ray SDL code where POV-Ray's functions
are not used. It's also implemented mostly with global variables (which was
painful for me to do).

I hope this code is not too difficult to translate to JustBasic.

But note that I have not done much testing of this code, so there may be small
insects lurking within it.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'natural_cubic_splines_02_04.pov.txt' (6 KB)