POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : PointWriter: New app for making spline-based shapes easily : Re: PointWriter: New app for making spline-based shapes easily Server Time
24 Apr 2024 21:12:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PointWriter: New app for making spline-based shapes easily
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 10 Oct 2014 16:25:01
Message: <web.54383fe29ace5295e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
I'm going to post this code WIP just to get it out there.
It doesn't really work - but the structure of the code is "linearized".
(To the extent that I could puzzle things out)
(You don't wanna see the flowchart I made in VISIO...)
Gotos and gosubs are like lotus flowers.  I saw those and instantly fell into
some "But how would I do it _without_ that...?!" dreamscape.
Luckily I've done enough C++ coding on an Arduino with functions and subroutines
calls to see what I might do to escape that siren call.

Check out what I did with the SNAP function. - Major changes.
Also, I have file-presence checking for things like the Model.bmp

I have too many balls in the air at the moment, including some pending nasty
stuff IRL.

Adding a new point to an existing spline ought to work something like selecting
an existing point, and then clicking where the new point should appear in the
spline list AFTER that.  Then you just store that point, and run a loop through
the list.  If all the points have a number, then it just becomes a standard
sorting routine.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'splinedraw.bas.txt' (37 KB)