POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Splines - odd claim : Splines - odd claim Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Splines - odd claim
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Oct 2014 11:55:00
Message: <web.5432baa198b7a2045e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
From post # .... 13   :O

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?181405-Lofting-A-Dragon

"I don't know much about CAD programs, but it is said that there is no CAD
program on the market that can generate or replicate a set of ship's curves."

Like any unsupported claim where "it is said" [by WHO???], I view this with
great skepticism, especially since given what computers and CAD are capable of
doing, _reproducing_ an existing set of curves seems... trivial.
I mean, someone had the design and means to make them in the first place, right?

Makes no sense.
That, and these boat people need to be introduced to POV-Ray...  :D