POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Political Discussions in this Newsgroup : Re: Political Discussions in this Newsgroup Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Political Discussions in this Newsgroup
From: Shay
Date: 30 Sep 2014 15:50:01
Message: <web.542b0841cb1290e14aef9a7a0@news.povray.org>

> I also think it quite healthy because it includes both reason /and/
> emotion, and my guess is that this is exactly what most of us like best
> about the atmosphere (do you say that in English?) of this newsgroup.

This newsgroup is typical in that disagreement is "allowed" as long as *certain*
assertions are not challenged.

In the US currently, we can calmly argue over /how/ to deal with Isis, but

nutcase.

Similarly, in p.o-t we can calmly argue over the specifics of king-for-a-day

the king-for-a-day premise itself is quickly, sharply admonished.