POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Help with: (planar) Angle between 2 vectors : Re: Help with: (planar) Angle between 2 vectors Server Time
4 May 2024 19:46:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with: (planar) Angle between 2 vectors
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 30 Jul 2014 16:35:00
Message: <web.53d955c7f138c3965e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
....aaaand Excel gives me 18 degrees from endpoints I got off of a diagram in
VISO for how I'm envisioning this working...
Grrrr....

THIS is why I didn't go into physics or physical chemistry.
OR engineering.
Lives would be at stake.   ;)

 x y z
u -2.6562 0 5.4688
v 0 0 7.3125

u dot v = 39.9906
Mag u         36.96317188
Mag v         53.47265625

cos theta =  0.020232844
radians          1.550562102
deg         88.84066433
minus 70 18.84066433

I'm gonna get more coffee, and then maybe buy a bike.  And THEN maybe I will
work on building my mathemagical powers....