POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Modify source code of program POVRAY + MPI (please Help) : Re: Modify source code of program POVRAY + MPI (please Help) Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:51:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modify source code of program POVRAY + MPI (please Help)
From: gaprie
Date: 5 Jun 2014 13:20:00
Message: <web.5390a63c393ecfd02ebcdc450@news.povray.org>
Thanks for Mr.Lipka and Mr.Thorsten Froehlich for help.

I'm confused, I tried hard to understand and some hints from you guys.

so far I find the variable in the "source / backend.scene / view.cpp" ie "DBL
ratop" and "DBL rabottom". I try to change the value in the variable becomes
"DBL ratop = 1" and "DBL rabottom = 200" that, through my Povray build and run
the command "Povray pawns.pov" produces an image that has been rendered
pawns.png up to 200 lines.

I actually wanted to find a file whose job is to read the commad line
(ex: "Povray +SR1 +ER200 +Ipawns.pov ER200") and threw it into the main Povray
rendering process.

If the file is written in C, then I want to add a bit of coding MPI:

MPI_Comm_size (MPI_COMM_WORLD, &sum_of_nodes);
MPI_Comm_rank (MPI_COMM_WORLD, &number_of_node);

if (number_of_node == 0) {

}
else {// number of nodes = 2

}

So I expect every POVRay application that has been added a bit coding MPI will
build on each nodes.
Each nodes will do his job, for example, the first nodes do his job (line -100)
and the second node working line 101-200.

Is my explanation understandable?
Sorry I am still new in Povray.

Thanks for help.
Regards,