POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Iso surface : Re: Iso surface Server Time
3 May 2024 01:35:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iso surface
From: MichaelJF
Date: 29 May 2014 14:40:01
Message: <web.53877dd2375f9333e247f39b0@news.povray.org>
"MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> "avant" <avant> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have written the following simple code for isosurface. It looks fine but the
> > surface is not smooth.
> >

> Do you use anti aliasing?
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

Sorry, I was in a hurry as I posted the first time and I wanted to give you a
quick hint. I rendered your example without anti aliasing (aa) and with the
aa-standard shipped with the Windows version. The first test yielded annoying
"steps" at the curved surface, the second a much more smooth result.  If you are
a Linux user, you should use an ini-file to specify the aa-settings. Something
like this should help:

Antialias=on

Antialias_Threshold=0.3
Antialias_Depth=9