POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I bought a new laptop : Re: I bought a new laptop Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I bought a new laptop
From: nemesis
Date: 9 Apr 2014 15:50:00
Message: <web.5345a3d5dbd6241aebb90cbd0@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> > my smartphone already has a display!  I just want to get home and easily connect
> > it to a larger display and keyboard.
> >
> > Easy but not not cheap with bluetooth keyboards, cheap but clunky with miniUSB.
> > Kind clunky connecting to the TV because there's many ways:  you can try to find
> > some hdmi cable to your device, or try to mirror some other way, and most ways
> > do nothing but just stream media.  not cool
>
> I was under the impression that most android phones will work as USB
> host, and also output HDMI on the same connector. Once you'd wired up a
> USB hub, power, keyboard, mouse and HDMI connection can't you just leave
> it all behind your TV, then when you come home just plug the single
> connector into your phone?
>
> Wouldn't the bigger problem be that the whole UI and most apps are
> designed for a 400ppi display with multi-touch? I would have thought
> using a mouse and large TV would be very frustrating on such a device.

mouse?  why would anyone want to go back using a mouse when they can directly
touch anywhere in the screen?

that's why wireless screen mirroring is the sweet goal:  you still have your
device in your hand to act as a touchscreen remote controller.

what's wrong with that UI?  isn't it so fine that Windows is emulating it? ;)