POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How to extend 2D parametric equation to 3D? : Re: How to extend 2D parametric equation to 3D? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:33:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to extend 2D parametric equation to 3D?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Apr 2014 22:20:01
Message: <web.53435bef88248cceb76fce390@news.povray.org>
Always a good question.  I was playing around with just some simple spiral math,
and I thought that a '3D spiral' would look cool.  I tried rotating around y at
the same time I was creating the spiral around z, and ... it kinda looked like
something the cat got into.  :D

You might try starting with the simple combinations of addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.  a of g and b of a sound like they could yield
interesting results.  The regular functions like sin have great potential.
Maybe multiply sin by a across one axis, and by b across the other, while doing
something to give it width in the third dimension.  or use a and b as the width
functions.

Thanks for the superfunction link.