POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 8 TeraFlops of computing power??? : 8 TeraFlops of computing power??? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:28:20 EDT (-0400)
  8 TeraFlops of computing power???
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 26 Mar 2014 11:40:00
Message: <web.5332f4a3fda3742a91114470@news.povray.org>
I just happened across this article about the new Nvidia GTX Titan Z graphics
card that sounds really amazing (although quite unaffordable for me):

A couple of things that stood out to me:

"The GTX Titan Z packs two Kepler-class GK110 GPUs with 12GB of memory and a
whopping 5,760 CUDA cores, making it a 'supercomputer you can fit under your
desk,' according to Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang."

"Nvidia also introduced a new GPU rendering appliance called the Iray VCA, which
'dramatically accelerates ray tracing' for photorealistic rendering."

www.McGregorFineArt.com