POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ice/Slush/Snow texture samples, 3 of N : Re: Ice/Slush/Snow texture samples, 3 of N Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ice/Slush/Snow texture samples, 3 of N
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 17 Feb 2014 18:35:00
Message: <web.53029bd448c284e4ddb0c31e0@news.povray.org>
> On 5-2-2014 1:20, [GDS|Entropy] wrote:
> > The two S.E. Day SSLT texture derivations take little time to render [on the
> > order of 1-2 hours], but the one on the far right took over 11 days on the
> > machine listed at the end, with the programs running below that.
> >

> Pheeww...! The far right is by far the best but a bit impractical in
> terms of render time :-)
>
> Thomas

Yeah no doubt, and 11 days seems to be the norm for combination SSLT/clear + IOR
textures unfortunately. I'm still waiting for 2 of the other textures to render
fully. There is one checker square left in a dirty ice one [been there for 6
days], and then most of the image left for a bright snow + clean ice one. Going
on 7.5 days now lol!

Such a shame that it takes such time. :|

Ian