POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sphere_sweep: gradient along a curve. : Re: Sphere_sweep: gradient along a curve. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere_sweep: gradient along a curve.
From: Mr
Date: 14 Feb 2014 08:35:01
Message: <web.52fe1a79a5ee4db816086ed00@news.povray.org>
> On 14-2-2014 11:49, Mr wrote:
> > don't forget you can also animate the hair with dynamic simulations and force
> > fields in Blender, you even have tools to comb /cut them with a pressure
> > stylus...
> >

> How are Poser and Blender related to each other?
>
> Thomas

I would say quite similar to the way poser is related to poseray, you can import
the same formats except you might get the completely rigged character more
easily, using either the collada (DAE) format or the new FBX import in a few
months when it's mature. There may be a few extensions here and there to test
like
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Import-Export/Poser_Tools

Using Blender you also get a few other well rigged characters using MakeHuman to
diversify your library which have every right to use in commercial projects for
free.

The idea of the Blender to POV-Ray exporters (there are two of them currently)
is not to replace Poseray but to add a tool to the toolbox, one worth it of
course.

If there are some specific features you would like tested for interchange I
would be glad to help. Don't hesitate, but please, provide files if possible as
I don't have Poser installed.