POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Can't Stand It : Re: Can't Stand It Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't Stand It
From: Stephen
Date: 4 Feb 2014 05:25:00
Message: <web.52f0bea1dd10d3847f6b03a40@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <j.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 04/02/2014 06:36, Stephen wrote:

> Hmm. Interesting point. At the risk of starting another holy war, I
> would be prepared to bet that we Brits are amongst the most racially
> diverse nations on Earth (both individually and nationally). I
> personally am a mix of several nations (English, Scottish, Dutch,
> Hungarian, German and a distinct possibility of Indian if you go back to
> the early 19th century)

I thought that a lot of it had to do with until America was opened up. The
British Isles were the furthest west that you could go. That and in the dark and
medieval ages. Britain was rich and imported continental workers, many of whom
stayed. And all the invading Scandinavian, Germanic and French armies. (Almost
forgot the Spanish from the armada who were shipwrecked on the North West
coast.)

We are a mongrel race.

> > What ever do you mean?
> > Woad -> blue -> pills? ;-)
> >

> I think I'll skip the pills. One Feegle's enough.

You have to keep the old skills up. ;-)
Practice, practice, practice.

> <Wanders off, singing 'The Roses o' Prince Charlie'>

Can you sing, Over the Hills and Far Away?

<Boom! Boom!>