POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : star WIP 2 : Re: star WIP 2 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: star WIP 2
From: MichaelJF
Date: 2 Feb 2014 13:30:01
Message: <web.52ee8dd5f16bd9a565ac97510@news.povray.org>
Sean Day <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> LanuHum wrote:
> > "s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> >

> >> (the latter is causing me problems though).
> >>

> > Why? Star created, and seaweed you can't?
> > I liked the picture.
> >

> Thanks, I am trying to write a macro to create the seaweed, everything
> in the scene is made with the Povray SDL so no external modellers. The
> starfish and limpets/barnacles are blobs, everything else is made from
> isosurfaces (except the water which is a box).
>
> So far all my attempts at seaweed have not looked so good.
>
> Sean

First: the image is wonderful, really wonderful. But I wonder a bit about the
seaweed. The scene must be at a beach. Is there seaweed so close to the beach?
My last visits to a beach is years ago and there is not much seaweed between the
mainland and the islands at East Frisia, where my sister lives. From experiences
long ago I ever had the impression that seaweed grows only in deeper areas
covered by water independend of the tides. But I may be wrong with that. My next
experience with beaches will be during my holydays this summer, but after the
contest, at a place called Mevagissey. I propose that you take a look at an
other very beautiful beach scene published within the irtc June 2005 titled
"wreck" by an author you should know.

Best regards,
Michael