POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sphere_sweep: gradient along a curve. : Re: Sphere_sweep: gradient along a curve. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere_sweep: gradient along a curve.
From: Mr
Date: 31 Jan 2014 13:20:01
Message: <web.52ebe808a5ee4db85bb9efdd0@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> "Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>

> >  I am hoping that we will be able to evaluate the hair color from a UV image or
> > pattern applied to the emitter.
> >

> I partially solved a problem with UV.  There are thoughts concerning increase in
> number of hair with a gradient along a curve.
> It is necessary to combine sphere_sweep + while or to break one object of
> sphere_sweep into some objects and to provide to the user to choose model option

Honestly, I could with no problem export 2 million +  hair,only parsing is a
little long but it works, so I don't see why we should modify the scene
structure, this is user decision, not something the program should do imho.
Your textured hair looks nice. I managed to implement the procedural textures
for alpha / specular /diffuse / bump but it's still buggy and a mess. I need to
fix a few bugs first. but I will also try to add your texture evaluation code
for hair if you agree.