POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT test : Re: SSLT test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT test
From: Stephen
Date: 31 Jan 2014 07:55:00
Message: <web.52eb9c86eff39d867f6b03a40@news.povray.org>
> Maybe the texture is a bit distracting? Looks good however; have you
> tried to play with less translucency too?

I agree but I just modified a texture that, that I liked, which I had made for
the RC4 SSLT. The original translucency was too high and the value here is a
tenth of what it was.
The colours are too dark for expensive jade and need to be lightened.

> Like with my tuit, I am a bit worried about sslt and text.

Indeed, I thought that I would try to sink the text into the body for a
comparison.

> I would like
> some learned comments on that particularly.

Your text seems to be almost placed on the cylinder and not a part of it. I
assume that you use a merge. Since my model has lots of differences, (I
differenced the basic model from a blank, to create a mould. Then differenced
that from another one to get rid of the internal structure.

Stephen