POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface + SSLT : Re: Isosurface + SSLT Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface + SSLT
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 30 Jan 2014 02:05:00
Message: <web.52e9f828b1ac15ca6d4f68260@news.povray.org>
Thanks for all the feedback! Cheers! =)

"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:

> Nice, looks like a ball of melted wax to me, I like the grainy effect of the
> image as well (not something I usually like but in this case it looks really
> good).
>
> Sean

Yeah, generally I'm not a big fan of graininess either. I tried a lot of stuff
to get it all look smoother, but didn't quite figure it out yet. At first I
thought it's the focal blur camera, but adjustments there didn't really improve
anything. Many of the radiosity settings are somewhat close to or even at the
default values as I strived for keeping the render times sensible, but I guess I
could still try and adjust some of those to see what happens.

But then again, the grainy effect brings a sort of an "artistic touch" in it as
well now when thinking of it. =)