POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT test : Re: SSLT test Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:30:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT test
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 24 Jan 2014 09:15:03
Message: <web.52e2751feff39d8691114470@news.povray.org>
> Am 23.01.2014 00:30, schrieb Robert McGregor:
>
> > I used these two images to slowly morph between lit and unlit in a minimalist,
> > looping animation in order to truly appreciate the effect SSLT has on the block.
>
> So, do you like it? :-)

I love it, you did a great job implementing this feature Christoph. The "new"
method of specifying a translucency color is so much more intuitive than using
the original (arcane) coefficients for scattering/absorbing.

Wish-List Request: the ability to save and load SSLT data to/from a file, like
radiosity and photons already do. Then animations (and stills) could load
pre-calculated data for quicker renders.

Here's the Stanford bunny replacing the superellipsoid. Can't stop playing with
this...

www.McGregorFineArt.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'stanfordbunny_sslt_wip4.png' (3791 KB)

Preview of image 'stanfordbunny_sslt_wip4.png'
stanfordbunny_sslt_wip4.png