POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents : Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:32:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents
From: Stephen
Date: 23 Jan 2014 09:40:00
Message: <web.52e129661e4353f37d8c6e9c0@news.povray.org>
> Am 23.01.2014 14:27, schrieb Stephen:

> >> (Which, by the way, is a promising approach for developing
> >> them into full-fledged ailments.)
> >
> > Yes and no. Sometimes keeping things under control is good.
>
> I think not hiding one's quirks sometimes actually makes it easier to
> keep things under control.

I agree, Be true to your self(ish) ;-)

> But of course there are situations where social pressure demands that
> you keep your quirks to yourself; and I think that's the type of
> situations that, when too frequent, may turn our quirks into something
> worse.

I will not argue with that. But...

I find that the public expression of certain emotions might be harmful to
people.
I come from a society where happy feelings were shared but sad ones or grief
were kept to yourself (close friends and family excepted). Not only do I not
understand the demand for "closure" but I am sure that in the majority of cases
it is harmful to brood on the bad things that have happened. Of course there are
exceptions and not everyone is the same. But it does not seem healthy to me.