POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents : Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents
From: Stephen
Date: 23 Jan 2014 06:00:01
Message: <web.52e0f4e71e4353f37d8c6e9c0@news.povray.org>
> Am 21.01.2014 08:14, schrieb Stephen:
> > On 21/01/2014 1:43 AM, clipka wrote:
> >> I'd consider myself a meta-agnostic: I /think/ I'm unable to know, but I
> >> don't know that either.
> >
> > What would you call someone who has faith that there is no god?
>
> An atheist.

Okay, I'll go with that.

> > Maybe not faith but sincerely hopes that there is not one.
>
> Sounds like a theist to me, as "sincerely hopes" to me implies that he
> suspects (and, in this case, probably fears) otherwise.

"Suspects otherwise" Too strong a sentiment IMO. Maybe the person in question
(me) knows that he has been wrong about things before. And will certainly be
wrong about things in the future. Also since there is no spoon, oops! sorry
proof. One cannot tell until the dark dog comes calling.
As for "hoping", who wants to be beholden to the evil* thing that I hear and
read about called the god of love? Unless the God we hear about is not the
omnipresent,  omnipotent and omniscient entity were are assured that It is.

> Probably a promising approach if he wants to acquire some psychological
> ailment or another. Or a sign that he already has.

Ah! That reads "If you do not agree with <insert whatever here> then you are mad
or twisted." But I am sure that you did not mean that. **

* Yip! Thought about it and if you use your eyes and not your ears. No good
person can condone what goes on in Its realm. So Evil it is, in my
understanding.

** What is so great about being "normal" anyway?