POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sphere_sweep: gradient along a curve. : Re: Sphere_sweep: gradient along a curve. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere_sweep: gradient along a curve.
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 22 Jan 2014 16:00:01
Message: <web.52e0313ba5ee4db891114470@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
>

> > One rule of povray: the pattern/color is 3D distributed, the shape is
> > just immersed in the pattern.
> > (forget about UV-mapping)
>
> I understood nothing :(

Let me try; the sphere_sweep is not UV mapped, it only displays patterns that
are distributed across it through 3D world space. That means a gradient won't
work like it would on a UV map.

You could normalize the texture distribution on the sweep first, over a certain
axis, then transform it into position to maintain those colors...

www.McGregorFineArt.com