POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Philosophical pondering : Re: Philosophical pondering Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Philosophical pondering
From: nemesis
Date: 18 Jan 2014 21:35:00
Message: <web.52db391e58fba56975098f2f0@news.povray.org>
we're all of it.  We see these 3D slices of ourselves in the mirror and think
that's about it.  But really, we're more like a ball of yarn that has been
spread all around space from birth to death.

obviously, that's from a materialistic space-time perspective.  As for being one
thing or another philosophically, what is being besides a state?  To be or not
to be.  If you could erase the memory of a psychopath and give him instead happy
memory ones, would he be someone else?  Or would the same deplorable behavior
keep creeping in?

The ship is not made of the same materials just as we are not, yet it's sailed
be the same crew, has its masts and sails where they're supposed to be and bears
the same name.  That's all that matters.

The two computers are the same for all purposes, but separate by time and space
carry out different processes accessing different memory addresses.  Just like
twins.