POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LanuHum Global Test image : Re: LanuHum Global Test image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LanuHum Global Test image
From: LanuHum
Date: 18 Jan 2014 12:05:00
Message: <web.52dab3bf20fca3a57a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>

> Let us know if you get some interesting comments on the images. I am
> always curious to hear from outside the community.

I wrote that comments aren't present.
Nobody undertook to criticize works.
On our site there is one of developers Luxrender (aka SATtva), but even he told
nothing though claim that it was interesting to it to see your works

> What you say about hair export from Blender interests me. Keep us informed!

Export of hair is present at the official version of the exporter for a long
time. sphere_sweep is used. There is no UV export for color fur.
I want to refuse sphere_sweep, using while and bezier_spline.
As I want to include UV
It is good to look as mister Robert McGregor created hair:
http://www.mcgregorfineart.com/images/competitions/rwm_VesicaSaAngreal.jpg
Me as the correct material of hair interests.

Personally me animation, not photorealness interests.
Povrey is rich with patterns for this purpose
In my version of the exporter difficult textures with use of pigment_pattern,
pigment_map, texture_map, pigment_map, slope_map and other are already available

LanuHum.