POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tops's "contour lines" : Re: Tops's "contour lines" Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tops's "contour lines"
From: MichaelJF
Date: 16 Jan 2014 04:55:01
Message: <web.52d7ab84f3057c909dca58b70@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> Oups! I meant sky_sphere or using a large textured sphere around your scene.

Hello Alain, many thanks for your recommendations. They really helped. But of
course they prologend the rendering time a bit...

In the first abandoned approach I used a sky_sphere. I went for the second one
with the area_light and implemented your suggestions. Looks better IMO. But in
the end I made the scene just for fun to see if I can animate an ISO-CSG
structure in this way. In the first place my intent was to ask the original
author of this request (tops), what (s)he had in mind. But to learn more about
radiosity additionally is ever welcome.

Thanks,
Michael

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dancingelectrodes.mp4.mpg' (317 KB)