POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LanuHum Global Test image : Re: LanuHum Global Test image - wip 4 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LanuHum Global Test image - wip 4
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 13 Jan 2014 16:00:00
Message: <web.52d452f7eff00a3991114470@news.povray.org>
> On 13-1-2014 13:40, Ive wrote:
> > Indeed. POV-Ray help in chapter 3.4.4.4.2 says so and therefor I didn't
> > see anything wrong with Thomas' code. And POV did behave like this back
> > in the past.
> > I was just a lucky to add collect on/off anyway anywhere.
> >

> Maybe the default has been broken then?
>
> Thomas

collect on /is/ supposed to be the default, and Christoph says it still is.

Regardless, I too have had many weird photon issues in the past, so when using
multiple transparent/reflecting/refracting surfaces I typically specify on or
off in each photon block just for my own sanity in optimizing render times.

www.McGregorFineArt.com