POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Stamford Bunny in negative spotlight. : Re: Stamford Bunny in negative spotlight. Server Time
27 Apr 2024 13:50:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stamford Bunny in negative spotlight.
From: MichaelJF
Date: 12 Jan 2014 12:55:00
Message: <web.52d2d6db67f081bbadcca6640@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 12/01/2014 3:17 PM, MichaelJF wrote:
> > Strange but interesting. It seems that the shadow from the positive light is not
> > affected by the negative light. Must try negative emission some day...
> >

> Yes interesting I think that it might be to do with the shadow test.
> It does not work in a light group, either.
>

> Here is an image with both spotlights at the same locations.
> http://i.imgur.com/CAhef3D.jpg
>

> You can get it to suck different proportions of rgb which gives effects.
>
> A shadow colour of: rgb <0.10000,0.75,0.75> * -13.5
>
> http://i.imgur.com/EcS8hdn.jpg
>

> --
> Regards
>      Stephen

I'm not quite sure what we have here. Negative light is a feature which can be
used artistically, but then the shadows must be affected too. In your additional
scenes the shadows of the positive light still seems to be not influenced by the
negative light. Most likely we're hunting down a bug here. My opinion is that
negative light gives more artistic freedom but then it must be implemented
correctly. For photorealistic renderings it is not necessary. May be Christoph
Lipka can shed more light onto this issue.

Best regards,
Michael