POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LanuHum Global Test image : Re: LanuHum Global Test image - wip 3 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LanuHum Global Test image - wip 3
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 12 Jan 2014 11:50:00
Message: <web.52d2c7a271949f9a91114470@news.povray.org>
> Does not seem much but I got rid of the light leaking. Following was done:
>
> - meshes (walls, archs, windows) inc files through Poseray export as obj
> files (weld vertices and recalculate normals);
>
> - in Silo: giving thickness to the walls with the Shell utility (this
> probably exists also in Blender?);
>
> - in Silo: closing of the arch object and extending it a little bit
> above the ceiling;
>
> - in Silo: lowering the sky-windows which were /floating/ just above the
> building letting light leak in-between;
>
> - saving the different objects as obj files and through Poseray export
> to POV as mesh2 files (recalculate normals);
>
> - in the POV scene: replace the mesh{} objects by the mesh2{} ones;
>
> Everything seems now to be in place to tackle the photons and caustics.
>
> Thomas

Looking really nice Thomas, I like the subtle media beams! Don't forget to add
pass_through to the photon blocks for the skylights and the water (to allow
reflected caustics on arch and ceiling).

I'm having a go at this myself and found that the walls had nearly 10,000 stray
verts in the mesh that needed merging; and letting PoseRay re-process those
Blender meshes makes the textures so much easier to manage! WIP currently
rendering...

Cheers,
Rob