POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : luminosity problem - Cube_Radiosity_Final.jpg (1/1) : Re: luminosity problem - Cube_Radiosity_Final.jpg (1/1) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: luminosity problem - Cube_Radiosity_Final.jpg (1/1)
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 11 Jan 2014 19:30:00
Message: <web.52d1e1c85d182da3306548240@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] yahoofr> wrote:
> use of standard "Radiosity_Final" parameter.

I just looked at Radiosity_Final, and it sets recursion_limit to 1.  If I
understand radiosity sufficiently, this means that the cube is not getting the
effect of the light reflected off the ground plane.  (At the first bounce,
radiosity is calculated only from non-radiosity illumination, of which there is
none in your scene other than the sky_sphere.)  This is why the ground plane
ends up blocking half the light, despite being white itself.

I never use recursion_limit 1 for a final render.  2 is usually sufficient, but
in your case, you'll need to go higher.