POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : luminosity problem - Cube_Radiosity_Final.jpg (1/1) : Re: luminosity problem - Cube_Radiosity_Final.jpg (1/1) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: luminosity problem - Cube_Radiosity_Final.jpg (1/1)
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 11 Jan 2014 17:10:00
Message: <web.52d1c0495d182da3306548240@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] yahoofr> wrote:
> hello,
>
> in your opinion, why both sides of the cube are so darker than the top
> face ?
>
> one plane, one sky_sphere and the cube.
> no light.
> use of standard "Radiosity_Final" parameter.
> all object are white
> ambient is set to zero in de default settings

My first thought was the same as the others--that the ground plane is blocking
half the light.  But then I thought, if the ground plane is white, isn't it
reflecting the same light as the sky?

It turns out, if the diffuse on the cube and plane is set to 1.0 /and/ the
radiosity recursion_limit is set high enough (5 in my trials), then all sides of
the cube are the same shade.