POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Nova Star : Re: Nova Star Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nova Star
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 9 Jan 2014 15:30:00
Message: <web.52cf0526892c99b66d4f68260@news.povray.org>
"Fractracer" <lg.### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Don't feel wrong, I accept all comments as they are constructive, I am not
> either a Pov master, I know I have many things to learn again and all views
> and advices on my works are welcome. And your advice allow me to improve the
> quality of this picture.

Good to hear my advice was found helpful! \o/ The 2nd image is a lot better
indeed. =)

> I know Povray since more than ten years, but I really use it since 2012
> (earlier my old PC was not enough powerful).

For my part, I had several years of less active time with POV mainly due to my
studies some years back, but slowly and steadily been more active again during
the last 3 years or so. Also built myself a new PC last summer and everything
been even better after that again.

> Music! Hey! I have played bass guitar some years ago (hard rock 'n roll n'
> blues...)
> And my hobbies are drawing, painting and writing (poetry and short novellas).

Cool! It's been mostly classic hard rock and 80's heavy for me through my whole
life so far. :D And a bit of bluesy stuff here and there too. I'm also writing
lyrics for my songs. =)

> I don't know if I misunderstood you, I don't think, you are right when you
> say that nature is not pixellated, and for images the softness is necessary.
> The problem with computed images is that objects are often slicks, and it is
> hard to reproduce some natural facts or phenomenons, or to get a dirty
> approach of the rendering - with dirty I mean dust, scratches...

Agreed yes, and thanks for the clarification, hehe.

Hopefully we'll see some more of your images soon again! =)

(I'll try and get something new up and finished as well some day now. My head
been full of ideas lately, but been a bit short on time from my other projects
during the recent weeks + also the general lack of energy after long and
challenging days at work. :D)