POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : The picture does not change even if the code is modified. : Re: The picture does not change even if the code is modified. Server Time
28 Apr 2024 20:51:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The picture does not change even if the code is modified.
From: B  Gimeno
Date: 6 Jan 2014 13:50:00
Message: <web.52cafa6434a4d024ae2fd8290@news.povray.org>
"Sherry K. Shaw" <ten### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> B. Gimeno wrote:
> > 5.- Press Ctrol-Z ONCE...
>
> Are you using autosave?  I haven't tried this on the current POV
> version, but I've noticed that in older versions, the "clean code/dirty
> code" detector DOES NOT DISTINGUISH between changes with the same number
> of keystrokes with a Ctrl-Z between them.  That is, if you type a line,
> save, use Ctrl-Z to undo the last character, and then type a different
> character, the editor doesn't recognize that the code has changed.
>
> I know I'm not explaining this very well, since my fingers and my brain
> are all very cold right now ;) but if you watch the save button
> (grayed-out when the code is "clean") you can see this happen.
>
> --Sherry Shaw

I'm not quite sure I understand, but I've checked the source code of the two
objects do not have the same length and that the error does not occur if any
other key is pressed. Furthermore, when the second object is inserted the Save
button is not active, as someone mentioned before.

I have not been able to repeat this error with version 3.6 using the same 64-bit
computer with Windows 7.

B. Gimeno