POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blobs, snow, Sean Days Slush texture. : Blobs, snow, Sean Days Slush texture. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Blobs, snow, Sean Days Slush texture.
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 4 Jan 2014 00:00:04
Message: <web.52c7947c9bbcc06fddb0c31e0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I have had some time recently to pick up the development of some of the macros I
have made. Some members of the community have been kind enough to contribute
some textures to the cause.

Here is a test scene used by my old macro, but with an awesome texture for
Slush/dirty snow from Sean Day.

Parse/render times are using the old macro. I found some issues with the old
code, namely some odd vlength == 0 issues which vastly increased render time,
along with some deficiencies of capability. Some of these are being resolved,
others have been.

The image attached has about 103,000 blob objects in it, and was not optimized
for size/count vs output or any other attribute. It was just guess n' go. Two
layers exist; one blob layer of ice, 3,000 units, then 100,000 using Seans
texture, blobs are of smaller size.

Seans texture is pretty epic, isn't it?

After I update my macro core such as to remove a few bugs and add a nice bit of
functionality, I'll post them once again [snow/ice/icicle, moss, corrosion].

The image took 16d 1h 52m 56s on a 24gb DDR3, Xeon x5660, DX58SO2, 4tb RAID 1,
Win7 Ultimate x64.

For now,
Ian

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'snowice2011_1small_layer 1.png' (1829 KB)

Preview of image 'snowice2011_1small_layer 1.png'
snowice2011_1small_layer 1.png