POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hills, the evolution : Re: Hills, the evolution Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hills, the evolution
From: jhu
Date: 23 Dec 2013 13:15:01
Message: <web.52b87cbdf6efd1e864cc84aa0@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Friedrich_Lohm=FCller?= <Fri### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> Am 23.12.2013 08:58, schrieb jhu:
> > So, then I looked out my window and decided to go in a different direction
> > instead: daytime without fog and mostly blue sky with a slightly different
> > scale. After a few iterations (and my lost cat), I came up with this, which is a
> > fairly good representation of what my backyard looks like. This uses 1.7 GiB of
> > memory and took 12.75 hours.
> WOW.........!!!
> It`s just wonderful.Your grass is fascinating..the color, the light.
> Must be wonderful to live there. It`s just the contrary to my home.
> Absolutely my style......
> Andrea

Thanks! It's nice here. There are some issues though. For example we're on a
shared well that contains 25 ppb arsenic, which is below the old state standard
of 50 ppb. But it's now above the new state standard of 10 ppb. OTOH, there's no
evidence for health effects below 100 ppb. We also sometimes run out of water if
people forget to turn off their watering systems (ours have been off since
summer, so most of our non-succulents are dead). But, it's still better than
being plugged into the local water system. I hear my colleagues are paying
$500+/month to the water company! Absolutely ridiculous!