POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ntreal : Re: ntreal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ntreal
From: s day
Date: 19 Dec 2013 04:45:00
Message: <web.52b2bf9d1a4bb2add1bdecb80@news.povray.org>
Ger <ger### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> The other day I was goofing around with some of the example images that come
> with the povray install and I ran into this one again.
> Running the original takes about 3 seconds on my machine, but after tweaking
> it a bit, it took 7 hours, 29 mins, 59 secs.
>

> --
> Ger

That is some improvement in speed you have there ;-)

I remember running this scene on my 386 when I first got POV, I cannot remember
exactly but it probably took several hours (maybe even days).

Has made me think though, this would be a good competition idea, who could
improve/rework one of the old standard scenes (fish13 was always one of my
favourites).

Sean