POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 5 : Re: Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 5 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:29:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 5
From: Fractracer
Date: 12 Dec 2013 06:25:01
Message: <web.52a99c2246fd1db55157896b0@news.povray.org>
> On 12-12-2013 8:33, Stephen wrote:
> > Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> >> On 10-12-2013 18:55, Fractracer wrote:
>
> <grin> I sometimes feel quiet stupid struggling endlessly with unruly
> elements of my scenes, or programs that do not yield what I want from
> them. POV-Tree and Arbaro are amongst those latter but I suspect partly
> because of my own inconsistent use of them. I am not always most patient
> with documentations.
>
> That said, I suppose my use of colours contributes too. Anyway, as long
> as I keep the feeling that I have not yet reached the heel level of
> Gilles Tran, I shall not call myself a Master even while I am old and
> Dutch ;-)
>
> Thomas

When we make images even if we are trying to reproduce an existing scene, we
often introduce some personnals parts. You say you have not the level of Gilles
Tran, I believe you have (and all of the users of Pov) a different level, not in
a technical scale value, but in sensibility. Everybody is different and we all
have a different approach of the artistic contruction.
I think in future times some works made in Pov (or other softwares) will remains
like human tributes to the world. And some works will have a high artistic
value. All under the Pov banner.