POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred shiny knot : Re: Blurred shiny knot Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred shiny knot
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 11 Dec 2013 10:30:00
Message: <web.52a884897f5282025b7d07940@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> That's an acceptable noise level. what was your setup and render time?

Yeah it's ok. Antialiasing 0.1, max trace level 20, some (probably unnecessary)
radiosity, and a 9x9 area light... took just over 2.5 hours but this was on a
2007 macbook (32-bit, 1.8GHz dual-core). I didn't change any supersampling
options so I expect it could be made faster, and I'm sure a more modern
multicore system would monster it.

I've got something more complex cooking in the meantime (2.5 days so far)