POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 5 : Re: Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 5 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 5
From: MichaelJF
Date: 10 Dec 2013 14:15:01
Message: <web.52a7680e46fd1db55b73d0310@news.povray.org>
> Obviously a wip (see broken trees); some six weeks to grow vegetation
> but mainly to streamline the growing mass of code linking the various
> scenes, includes, and macros that form the complex world of Gancaloon.
> Especially the (partly automated) switchboard between camera viewpoints
> is becoming a challenge. Still, much to do on this particular scene.
> Making good trees with POV-Tree is not an easy task, neither with Arbaro
> I must say. Except for the palm trees, I am not happy with the others.
> So, it will keep raining for a little while I am afraid ;-)
>
> Thomas

I think, you will repair the broken trees soon. Never seen this issue before.
The TomTree palms are the best I agree. Arbaro is not intended for the
foreground (50 m distance to the cam at least is stated within the docs). In
some places the city wall looks a little bit "warped" now in comparison to your
last wip. Or is this due to the added plantation?

I wonder about this brown structure at the road. May be my eye sight is to low.
It looks very blurred but the grass to the left seems to be blurred less. If it
is not only an earth texture, I would suggest to place a wet dog there (or a one
a little bit more on focus). Otherwise I didn't expected this development of
your image (from a more desert to a living valley). I like it, well done!

Best regards,
Michael