POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : GIF: how to define color number in linux? : Re: GIF: how to define color number in linux? Server Time
14 May 2024 20:04:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GIF: how to define color number in linux?
From: LanuHum
Date: 2 Dec 2013 13:55:00
Message: <web.529cd6f4f74b61377a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:

> To find the index of color map on linux, I recommend using Gimp.
>
> Load your gif in the program, then if the colormap is not displayed
> automatically, go to Windows->Dockable Dialogs->Colormap
>
> You can even reorder the color map with Rearrange Colormap (rightclick
> menu of the colormap, when selecting a color from the
> colormap)(rearranging does not change the display of the picture, only
> the order in the color map)

Thanks!

But, if I create GIF in GIMP-2.8:
Povray wrote:
Possible Parse Error:
Interlacing in GIF image unsupported
Fatal error in parser: Cannot access data in file.
Render failed

But, I convert GIF(create with GIMP) to PNG in konqueror, than PNG to GIF in
konqueror:
Render good, no error.

As it is correct to create GIF in GIMP for Povray?