POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A CGSphere WIP : Re: A CGSphere WIP Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:12:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A CGSphere WIP
From: MichaelJF
Date: 22 Nov 2013 13:50:01
Message: <web.528fa6fac7ab86edec0ee6660@news.povray.org>
"Fractracer" <lg.### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Here is another image of my work in progress for the CGSphere site.
> I've tried some new aspects of UberPov...
>
> I have found some rendering difference between the versions of Pov (v36, v36 and

I would expect slight differences between the versions. A lot of things changed
from 3.6 to 3.7 and UberPov introduces new Features to make the things addressed
more easily or still possible. The micronormal approach to simulate blurred
reflection worked with 3.6 or 3.7 but it was very time consuming e.g..

But for your Image. I think you are on a good road. I like the second one much
better than the first. I do not really understand the rules of this strange
contest. They insist that one should not change the grid or it's texture (it is

is interesting. May be they accept it. I don't know. In fact I don't understand
their rules completely or how the voting works. I could not find a hint to that.
May be in the members area...

Best regards,
Michael